ATTENTION: ALL GRADE 11 STUDENTS OF THE PHILIPPINE SCIENCE HIGH SCHOOL SYSTEM, a program from the alumni foundation and association might interest you.
Research Science Institute (RSI) is a summer science and engineering program for high school students that combines coursework in scientific theory, science and technology research with mentors from around the Boston-Cambridge area, and distinguished lectures from scientists in industry and academia.
Participants experience the entire research cycle from start to finish. They read the most current literature in their field, draft and execute a detailed research plan, and deliver conference-style oral and written reports on their findings.
The program is organized by the nonprofit Center for Excellence in Education (CEE) and is hosted in the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) through a long-standing partnership between the two institutions.
1. Must be a top-ranked Grade 11 student from any PSHS campus
2. Preferably has joined and received an award from any international
4. Completed PSHS-RSI Application Form (scan QR code for online form)
5. Certified True Copy of Grades from Grade 7 to 10
6. Recommendation letter from Research Adviser
7. Recommendation letter from a Math or Science teacher
8. 500-word essay on research interests and goals in pursuing STEM
9. Proof of valid passport
Sep 18 to Oct 31, 2023 (application period)
Submit documentary requirements when you fill up online PSHS-RSI Application Form