Invitation to Bid
Procurement of Food and Accommodation
for the Capability Building in Developing Socio-Emotional
Skills of Gifted Students in the PSHS System
- The PHILIPPINE SCIENCE HIGH SCHOOL SYSTEM – OFFICE OF THE EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR (PSHSS-OED), intends to apply the sum of ONE MILLION FOUR HUNDRED FORTY-NINE THOUSAND SIX HUNDRED and 00/100 PESOS (PhP 1,449,600.00) being the Approved Budget for the Contract (ABC) as payment for the food and accommodation of 198 participants for the Capability Building in Developing the Socio-Economic Skills of Gifted Students in the PSHS System on August 28 – 31, 2018. The PSHSS-OED now invites qualified hotels in Quezon City to submit their bids for the above item with the following specifications:
- Activity Venue Requirements
- Spacious plenary hall that can accommodate 200 pax. on August 28 – 31, 2018, from 8:00 A.M. to 8:00 P.M., with 25 round tables (8 pax. per table) and additional work space for the secretariat team
- One (1) function room for 4 days (August 28 – 31, 2018) that can accommodate one hundred (100) persons. Physical arrangement with round tables (8 pax. per table)
- With strong internet connectivity in the function rooms
- Free provision of, and assistance in electrical needs
- LCD projectors (minimum of 5 units)
- Audio / visual system in the plenary hall and additional function room
- Extension cords
- Room Arrangements
- Bedrooms that can accommodate:
- 64 rooms (maximum of 3 persons per room, with 3 individual beds)
- Five (5) deluxe rooms
- Strong internet connectivity in the rooms
- With private bathroom with hot and cold shower
- Meal Requirements
- Able to serve 3 buffet style meals (breakfast, lunch, & dinner) for 198 pax., with the following compositions:
- 1 pork or chicken dish
- 1 fish dish
- 1 vegetable dish
- 1 rice
- 1 dessert
- 1 juice
- Able to serve 2 snacks (A.M. and P.M.) for 198 pax.
- Choice of pastry / sandwich / pasta foods with drinks.
- Free-flowing coffee, tea, and water in the activity venue during the duration of the sessions / workshops
- Bids received in excess of the ABC shall be automatically rejected at the bid opening.
- Procurement of food and accommodation services is required five (5) days upon Contract Signing and Notice to Proceed. Bidders should have completed, within two (2) years from the date submission and receipt of bids, a contract similar to the project. The description of an eligible bidder is contained in the Bidding Documents, particularly in Section II — Instruction to Bidders.
- Bidding will be conducted trough open competitive bidding procedures using non-discretionary “pass/fail” criterion as specified in the Implementing Rules and Regulations Part A (IRR-A) of Republic Act (R.A.) 9184, otherwise known as the “Government Procurement Act”.
- Bidding is restricted to Filipino citizens, sole proprietorships, partnerships, or organizations with at least sixty percent (60%) interest or outstanding capital stock belonging to citizens of the Philippines, and to citizens or organizations of a country the laws and regulations of which grant similar rights or privileges to Filipino citizens, pursuant to R.A. 5183 and subject to Commonwealth Act 138.
- The Philippine Science High School System – Office of the Executive Director will hold a Pre-Bid Conference on August 8, 2018, 10:00 A.M., at PSHS System Training and Administration Center, Agham Road, Diliman, Quezon City, which shall be open to prospective bidders.
- Interested bidders may obtain further information from PSHS System and inspect the Bidding Documents at the address given below on workdays, from 8:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M.
A complete set of Bidding Documents may be purchased by interested bidders starting August 1 from the address below and upon payment of a non-refundable fee for the Bidding Documents in the amount of FIVE THOUSAND and 00/100 PESOS (PhP 5,000.00).
Bidding documents may also be downloaded free of charge from the website of the Philippine Government Electronic Procurement System (PhilGEPS) or the website of the Philippine Science High School System, provided that bidders shall pay the non-refundable fee for the Bidding Documents not later than the submission of their bids.
- Bids must be delivered to the address below on or before August 20, 2018, 9:45 A.M. All bids must be accompanied by a bid security in any of the acceptable forms and in the amount stated in ITB Clause 18.
- Bid opening shall be on August 20, 2018, 10:00 A.M., at the PSHS System Training and Administration Center, Agham Road, Diliman, Quezon City. Bids will be opened in the presence of the bidders’ representatives who choose to attend at the address below. Late bids shall not be accepted.
- The Philippine Science High School System – Office of the Executive Director reserves the right to reject any and all bids, declare a failure of bidding, or not award the contract at any time prior to contract award in accordance with Section 41 of R.A. 9184 and its IRR, without thereby incurring any liability to the affected bidder or bidders.
- For further information, please refer to:
EDMUND A. COLLADO
Bids and Awards Committee (BAC) Secretariat
Philippine Science High School System
Agham Road, Diliman, Quezon City
Telephone No.: (02) 939 7749 / (02) 939 0022
(Sgd.) DR. ROD ALLAN A. DE LARA
Chairperson, Bids and Awards Committee
Accompanying documents for the bidding process