Request for Expression of Interest
Procurement of Consulting Services (Rebidding) for Hosting, Maintaining, Training, Customizing, and Managing an Online Learning Management System (LMS) for the Philippine Science High School System
- The PHILIPPINE SCIENCE HIGH SCHOOL SYSTEM – OFFICE OF THE EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR (PSHSS-OED), under General Appropriations Act (GAA) of 2020, intends to apply the sum of TEN MILLION and 00/100 PESOS (PhP 10,000,000.00) being the Approved Budget for the Contract (ABC) as payment under the contract for the Procurement of Consulting Services (Rebidding) for Hosting, Maintaining, Training, Customizing, and Managing an Online Learning Management System (LMS) for the Philippine Science High School System.
- Bids received in excess of the ABC shall be automatically rejected at the opening of financial proposals.
- The PHILIPPINE SCIENCE HIGH SCHOOL SYSTEM – OFFICE OF THE EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR (PSHSS-OED) now calls for the submission of eligibility requirements for the conduct of the services of a Consultant for Hosting, Maintaining, Training, Customizing, and Managing an Online Learning Management System (LMS) for the Philippine Science High School System.
- Eligibility documents of interested consultants must be duly received by the PSHSS-OED Bids and Awards Committee for Consulting Services through e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com) on or before April 27, 2020.
Rod Allan A. De Lara
Deputy Executive Director
and PSHSS-OED BAC Chairman
Philippine Science High School System
Agham Road, Diliman, Quezon City
- Interested bidders may download a copy of Bidding Documents free of charge from the website of the Philippine Government Electronic Procurement System (PhilGEPS) or the website of the Philippine Science High School System, starting 18 April 2020.
- Pursuant to government procurement rules, only shortlisted bidders are required to pay the non-refundable fee of Five Thousand Pesos (P5,000.00) to receive a complete set of Bidding Documents which may be obtained at the address given above, from Mondays to Fridays, 8:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M., starting 18 April 2020.
- With reference to Section 24 of R.A. 9184, for eligibility checking purposes, interested consultants are required to submit the following documents to the PSHS-OED Bids and Awards Committee (BAC) Secretariat (e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com), on or before 10:00 A.M., 27 April 2020, at the PSHS System, Office of the Executive Director, Agham Road, Diliman, Quezon City:
- Registration certificate from SEC, DTI for sole proprietorship, or CDA for cooperatives;
- Mayor’s / Business permit issued by the city or municipality where the principal place of business of the prospective bidder is located, or equivalent document for Exclusive Economic Zones or Areas;
- Tax Clearance per E.O. 398 s. 2005 as finally reviewed and approved by the BIR;
- Statement of the prospective bidder of all its on-going and completed government and private contracts, including contracts awarded but not yet started, if any;
- Statement of the consultant specifying its nationality and confirming that those who will actually perform the service are registered professionals authorized by the appropriate regulatory body to practice those professions and allied professions, including their respective curriculum vitae;
- The consultant’s audited financial statements, showing among others, the consultant’s total and current assets and liabilities, stamped “received” by the BIR or its duly accredited and authorized institutions, for the preceding calendar year which should not be earlier than two (2) years from the date of bid submission; and
- The principal consultant’s Curriculum Vitae
- In addition to the Eligibility Criteria specified above, the consultant is expected to possess the following qualifications / eligibility.
- A Filipino, at least 35 years of age;
- Preferably a Masters Degree holder with Bachelors Degree in Information System, Computer Science, Information Technology, and related others;
- With relevant professional certification and right of practice of profession in the Philippines;
- With at least 5 years of technical experience in IT / IS System Development and Planning, and Project Execution;
- Currently occupying or had experienced occupying a Senior Level IS / IT position, or similar / related position in a medium-sized organization, preferably in an educational institution;
- Has handled a similar project in the past;
Eligibility checking will be conducted through open competitive bidding procedures using non-discretionary “pass/fail” criterion as specified in the IRR of R.A. 9184.
- The PSHSS-OED BAC shall draw up the shortlist of not more than three (3) consultants from those who have submitted Expression of Interest, including the eligibility documents, and have been determined as eligible in accordance with the provisions of Republic Act (R.A.) 9184, otherwise known as the “Government Procurement Reform Act”, and its Implementing Rules and Regulations (IRR). Using the following criteria and rating system recommended by the GPPB Manual for the procurement of Consultancy Services:
- Applicable Experience of the Principal Consultant / firm (50%)
- Educational and Training Qualifications of the Principal Consultant (20%)
- Capacity relative to current workload (10%)
- Fitness of the Principal Consultant / Firm’s expertise to the project, based on experience (10%)
- Background Check and References from Clients (10%)
Prospective consultants must reach a minimum rating of 60% to be shortlisted.
- Submission of Expression of Interest is restricted to Filipino citizens /sole proprietorships, cooperatives, and partnerships or organizations with at least sixty percent (60%) interest or outstanding capital stock belonging to citizens of the Philippines.
- The Procuring Entity shall evaluate bids using the Quality Cost Based Evaluation (QCBE) procedure. Only bids whose technical proposals pass the minimum technical evaluation score of Sixty (60%) shall have their financial proposals opened and evaluated, and finally, invited for Negotiation.
- The Philippine Science High School System – Office of the Executive Director reserves the right to reject any and all bids, declare a failure of bidding, or not award the contract at any time prior to contract award in accordance with Section 41 of R.A. 9184 and its IRR, without thereby incurring any liability to the affected participating consultant/s.
- The project shall be implemented within a period of Ten (10) months.
- In view of the urgent need for the LMS to be implemented before the start of the 2020 School Year and uncertainties regarding the duration of the Enhanced Community Quarantine the PSHS-OED Bids and Awards Committee (BAC) shall be adopting “Online Mode of Procurement” for the above project in accordance with Annex 3 or Guidelines for Electronic Procurement of R.A. 9184.
- For further information, please refer to:
PSHS-OED Bids and Awards Committee (BAC) Secretariat
Philippine Science High School System
Agham Road, Diliman, Quezon City
Telephone No.: (02) 8939 7749 / (02) 8939 0022
The conduct of procurement activity may be viewed / observed on the following dates/ URL:
|Procurement Stage||Date / Time / Venue|
|Posting Period||April 18, 2020|
|Eligibility Check and Shortlisting||April 27, 2020, 10:00 A.M.
|Pre-Bid Conference||April 30, 2020, 10:00 A.M.
|Submission of Bids||May 12, 2020, 10:00 A.M.
|Opening of Financial Bids||May 25, 2020, 10:00 A.M.
|Negotiation||May 27, 2020, 10:00 A.M.|
|Bid Evaluation||May 28, 2020|
|Post Qualification||May 29, 2020|
|Issuance of Notice of Award||June 1, 2020|
|Contract Preparation||June 2, 2020|
|Notice to Proceed||June 3, 2020|
For better experience we recommend observers and participants to use a “Google Account.”
Alternatively, if you have problems accessing the meeting you may request a special access account from our BAC secretariat.
This bidding is open to the public.
Accompanying documents for the bidding process