Request for Expression of Interest
Procurement of Consulting Services for the Architectural and Detailed Engineering Design (A & E) for the Construction of the Multi-Purpose Auditorium at the Philippine Science High School System – Office of the Executive Director at Agham Road, Quezon City
Identification Number PB2022-08
- The PHILIPPINE SCIENCE HIGH SCHOOL SYSTEM - OFFICE OF THE EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR (PSHSS-OED), through the FY 2022 General Appropriations Act (GAA), intends to apply the sum of TWO MILLION and FIVE HUNDRED THOUSAND 00/100 PESOS (PhP 2,500,000.00) being the Approved Budget for the Contract (ABC) to payments under the contract for the Procurement of Consulting Services for the Architectural and Detailed Engineering Design (A & E) for the Construction of the Multi-Purpose Auditorium at the Philippine Science High School System – Office of the Executive Director at, Agham Road, Diliman, Quezon City.
- Bids received in excess of the ABC shall be automatically rejected at the opening of the financial proposals.
- The PSHS System - Office of the Executive Director now calls for the submission of eligibility documents for the bids for the Procurement of Consulting Services for the Architectural and Detailed Engineering Design (A & E) for the Construction of the Multi-Purpose Auditorium at the Philippine Science High School System – Office of the Executive Director at Agham Road, Quezon City.
- Eligibility documents of interested consultants must be duly received by the BAC Secretariat on or before April 13, 2022, 10:00 A.M, Philippine Science High School System – Office of the Executive Director, Agham Road, Diliman, Quezon City. Applications for eligibility will be evaluated based on a non-discretionary “pass/fail” criterion.
- Interested bidders may download free of charge from the website of the Philippine Government Electronic Procurement System (PhilGEPS) and at the website of the Procuring Entity, a copy of the Bidding Documents starting 05 April 2022.
- Pursuant to government procurement rules, only shortlisted bidders are required to pay the non-refundable fee of Five Thousand Pesos (Php5,000.00) to receive a complete set of Bidding Documents which may be obtained at the address given above from Mondays to Fridays, 8:00 A.M. to 4:00 P.M. starting 05 April 2022.
- With reference to section 24 of R.A. 9184, for eligibility checking purposes, interested consultants are required to submit the following documents at the PSHS System - Office of the Executive Director, Agham Road, Diliman, Quezon City, on or before 10:00 A.M., April 13, 2022:
- Registration certificate from SEC, DTI for sole proprietorship, or CDA for cooperatives;
- Mayor’s/ Business permit issued by the city or municipality where the principal place of business of the prospective bidder is located, or equivalent document for Exclusive Economic Zones or Areas;
- Tax Clearance per E.O. 398 s. 2005 as finally reviewed and approved by the BIR;
- Statement of the prospective bidder of all its on-going and completed government and private contracts, including contracts awarded but not yet started, if any;
- Statement of the consultant specifying its nationality and confirming that those who will actually perform the service are registered professionals authorized by the appropriate regulatory body to practice those professions and allied professions, including their respective curriculum vitae;
- The consultant’s audited financial statements, showing among others, the consultant’s total and current assets and liabilities, stamped “received” by the BIR or its duly accredited and authorized institutions, for the preceding calendar year which should not be earlier than two (2) years from the date of bid submission; and
- The principal consultant’s Curriculum Vitae.
- In addition to the Eligibility Criteria specified above, a local consultancy firm/ company with experience in Architecture and Detailed Engineering design with the following profile:
- A corporate or partnership entity duly registered with the Philippines' Securities and Exchange Commission, and where the majority shareholder is a Filipino;
- Must be operational for at least ten (10) years;
- Must have at least ten (10) years of consulting experience in A & E design.
Eligibility checking will be conducted through open competitive bidding procedures using non-discretionary “Pass / Fail” criterion as specified in the IRR of R.A. 9184.
- The PSHSS-OED BAC shall draw up the shortlist of not more than three (3) consultants from those who have submitted Expression of Interest, including the eligibility documents, and have been determined as eligible in accordance with the provisions of Republic Act (R.A.) 9184, otherwise known as the “Government Procurement Reform Act”, and its Implementing Rules and Regulations (IRR) using the following criteria and rating system recommended by the GPPB Manual for the procurement of Consultancy Services:
- Company Profile (50%)
- Key Personnel (30%)
- Financial Standing (10%)
- Background Check (10%)
Prospective consultants must reach a minimum rating of 70% to be shortlisted.
- Submission of Expression of Interest is restricted to Filipino citizens/sole proprietorships, cooperatives, and partnerships or organizations with at least sixty percent (60%) interest or outstanding capital stock belonging to citizens of the Philippines.
- The Procuring Entity shall evaluate bids using the Quality Cost Based Evaluation (QCBE) procedure. Only bids whose technical proposals pass the minimum technical evaluation score of Sixty (70%) shall have their financial proposals opened and evaluated, and finally, invited for Negotiation.
For details on the Quality-Cost Based Evaluation Criteria, refer to the bid documents
- The PSHSS-OED reserves the right to reject any and all bids, declare a failure of bidding, or not award the contract at any time prior to contract award in accordance with Section 41 of RA 9184 and its IRR, without thereby incurring any liability to the affected participating Consultant/s.
- The project shall be implemented within a period of 120 calendar days (including review period).
- PSHS-OED Bids and Awards Committee (BAC) shall be adopting “Online Mode of Procurement”
- For further information, please refer to:
EDMUND A. COLLADO / WILSON G. ZAMORAS
Philippine Science High School System - Office of the Executive Director
Agham Road, Diliman, Quezon City
Telephone No.: (02) 8939 7747 (local 204, 205)
The conduct of procurement activity may be viewed/ observed on the following dates/ URL:
|Procurement Stage||Date / Time / Venue|
|Advertisement / Posting||April 5-12, 2022|
|Eligibility Check & Shortlisting||April 13, 2022, 10:00 A.M.
Meeting ID: 825 1895 7305
|Pre Bid Conference||April 25, 2022, 10:00 A.M.
Meeting ID: 898 9691 1523
|Submission and Opening of Bids||May 10, 2022, 10:00 A.M.
Meeting ID: 886 6196 3767
|Notification for Negotiation||May 11, 2022|
|Negotiation||May 12, 2022, 10:00 A.M.
Meeting ID: 886 9770 1355
|Bid Evaluation||May 13, 2022|
|Post-Qualification||May 16, 2022|
(Sgd.) DR. ROD ALLAN A. DE LARA
Bids and Awards Committee
Accompanying documents for the bidding process